Thursday, December 7, 2006

Learning Tip #1....question that was asked

Question: How can people know in the family if I have posted on my personal blog?
Answer: The family won't know that you have a new post unless they click on your name under "Visit Family Member Blog Spots" and look to see if there is a new one. I personally check all of those about once a day, to see how everyone is doing, or if anything new has posted.

Question: How can I post on the "Main" Judge page like Kathy and Eddy have?
Answer: Well you would log into your blogger site as usual, and in the dashboard there will be two blog areas, one should say Judge Family Blog and the other would be your personal one mine reads as, Just the Two of Us! Then click on New Post in whichever blog you have. Now if you don't see your name on the Contributors list on the main Judge page you have done something wrong or missed a step in the process. So you would need to email me and I will send you another invite. Each invite is only valid once. So if you need it resent, just email me at youbecrazywithme@yahoo.com and I will resend one out to you. If you still have issues, email me and I will try to help you step by step through instructions on your email.

Now, my question to all of you: I would feel horrible if I didn't get invites out to those that may like one. I am not sure that I have all your email addresses current. Will you please email me all of your family members Names, Email addresses, and their birthdays. I would hate for anyone to get left out, I wouldn't want to hurt anyones feelings if they are interested. Some that come to mind off the top of my mind include, Peter, Aunt Margaret, David Biederbeck, Doug, hmmmm our family has grown so much, so anyones would be great. Also let's say someone has more than one email address and you know this, please send me their other email addy's as they may check one more often then others. Thank you so much, and I hope this post helped answer your question.

LOL, maybe we could have a Blogger 101 class and a light lunch when I come down at Christmas Time. I am kidding. But if you really wanted to, maybe we could meet at someones house and I can walk you through the in's and out's of it all. Soon enough, like Feb we are moving to Arizona. Victors is in the process of transferring to the Arizona branch of his work which is on Baseline, so hopefully his transfer interview goes well on December 21st, so be praying for us okay?

1 comment:

BJ said...

And if you want to get really fancy about checking for new entries on the blogs you are interested in, you can use an RSS feed aggregator. One nice thing about Blogpsot is that it does the outgoing feed automatically (unless you turn it off, which none of you have!).

Good aggregators include Bloglines (web-based; I haven't used it but know many people who do), Sage (an add-on to the browser Firefox) or Feedreader (what I use). I'm sure there are others that are good as well - these are just the one that are easy and free ;-)

The aggregator checks blogs and other things (news services, for example, use RSS as well) for me, instead of me having to click on lots of web pages.